In addition to that, the following enhancements have been made to modeling reinforcement in Revit Structure 2012:
Don’t forget to look through other great features our Ideate Technical Team has found in the new 2012 releases for AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Civil 3D, Navisworks and more: ideateinc.com/2012
- Introduction of two new modes to place rebar: ‘Parallel to Cover’ and ‘Perpendicular to Cover’
- Users can now select a layout rule before clicking to place rebar
- Generic Model Families as well as Structural Connection families can now host rebar
- Improvements to display of self-intersecting reinforcement bars
- Rebar stirrup and tie style families can be set to snap to the exterior of a cover reference rather than the interior.
LEED AP, AEC Solutions Application Specialist
Shruti holds a Master of Science degree in Architectural Computing from University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom and is LEED accredited. Her experience includes working in Architecture and Construction firms in India and the United Kingdom as well as Structural Engineering firms in the Bay Area providing design, 3D modeling and drafting services. At Ideate, Shruti provides training and support for Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, 3ds Max, Ecotect and AutoCAD Architecture.
Get it. Know it.Use it.