July 18, 2012

Translate Your Revit Project

Many of our customers are realizing that Ideate BIMLink can be used not only to manage Revit project data or to manage custom families, but that it can also be used to translate their projects from one language to another.  I couldn’t resist giving it a spin.

It took me about 20 minutes to translate a sample Revit project. The trick is to recognize the array of elements that represent “text.” This video tutorial shows how I translated the Views/Sheets, Text, Schedule Data and Annotation objects within an Autodesk Revit project.



In this example I have translated these elements from English into Chinese, German, Spanish and French. I didn’t have access to a quality translator and cheated by using this fun online translator.

Let me know if the translations are any good!



Glynnis Patterson is a registered architect and the Director of Software Development at Ideate, Inc. In a previous life Glynnis spent many hours looking at blueprints with a scale, highlighters, and a scratch pad to develop detailed cost estimates.